- Emergen-C: This stuff will save your life. When I was younger, I hated the taste of it and had to calm my gag reflex to get it down. But it would amaze you what reading a Vogue article will do for you...I read that fashionistas everywhere used it when they were flying around the world for shoots and fashion week. Needless to say, I know drink the orange drink with happiness. I would suggest one to two Emergen-C drinks a day AS SOON AS YOU START TO FEEL SICK!!!! Then every day you are sick take some. This stuff is also great to knock back a few days before you will be traveling and then while you travel. I swear this stuff got be feeling better in two days.
- Alka Seltzer Plus Day & Night: I have no idea if this actually works or if it is Placebo, but it doesn't matter. I took each set, one during the day, one at night, and I felt better each time. I prefer Alka Seltzer, but basically anything where you get both day and night is great because sleeping is SUPER important when you are a college student!
- Orange Juice: This kind of goes along with Emergen-C, but you should be drinking both! Because you are in college and you need to get better ASAP! My roomie, the lovely Devi, made me go to HEB the day I made it official I was sick and I bought a half gallon of orange juice and I swear it did wonders!
- Netflix: Let me tell you, I was super lucky to have my two worst days on the weekend, but still Netflix is perfect. You need to get your rest, but you might not be able to sleep because you properly took the "Day" medicine, so you can lie down and watch movies or a new TV show. Your body will thank you.
- Eye Mask: I did not have this problem because the wonderful roomie is exactly that, wonderful, but if your roommate does need to have a light on then you can throw on an eye mask and sleep.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
After I decided to attend UT, I got an Instagram follower I was not expecting, Gourdough's Doughnuts. It was so random, but I followed them back and once I got to Austin I heard nothing but how amazing Gordough's was/is.
So I finally broke down and tried them. I visited the "food truck" version, actually an airstream trailer.
Miss Shortcake donut. She said it was "...warm, and soft in the middle but with a nice crust on the outside. The strawberries were perfectly ripe and sweet. However, the cream cheese icing was a weak point, there was not enough cream cheese flavor. Overall, it was pure sin."
So my roommate, Devi, and I have become amazing friends! We have a cork board outside our room and we were able to decorate. One day we were coming out of our room talking about it, and I mentioned how we have an all girls floor and how it is not like "...my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard." Devi thought it was hysterical as did I, so we decided to make our cork board say just that, in irony and because the song is hysterical. Our hope is that whenever someone passes our door it brightens their day. I know that when I'm having a bad day the door makes me laugh. Below is a photo and a link to the music video. What do you think? -xoxo darling, Hayden
Monday, September 15, 2014
I am going through a total Beyonce faze...or am I ever really not in a Queen B faze???
Well one of my favorite songs is ***Flawless feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I had no idea who Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was, but her speech in the middle of ***Flawless inspired me, so I looked her up.
Below is her amazing TED Talk, which Beyonce took parts of. This video is inspiring and amazing and everything I feel about being a feminist. I never openly called myself a feminist before I saw this video, but she inspired me. There are so many gender conflicts in this world and her talk is phenomenal. She shares her own stories, stories of her friends, and her opinion of what is wrong with Nigeria, and more broadly the world.
If you are all about that "girl power" check out the video below, it is truly amazing.