looking for something?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Vanilla Bean Cupcakes

So y'all probably have no idea that I bake cupcakes...like a fanatic, no seriously. It all started freshman year of high school, my good friend Jess Hurley said something about me having a cupcake every day in my lunch, and it blew up into huge proportions. Now once a month I bake cupcakes for anyone who requests one. There are "cupcake card holders" who paid $20 to be on every list, there is a pre-order where one must come find me in school, and then there is the list on the facebook page, I post I have this many cupcakes and they go in less than 7 minutes. It has become a huge deal at my school. When I gave these out a girl told me it was on her bucket list to have one of my cupcakes. It flatters me that people talk about them like they are the most popular cheerleader in school, yet they are just tiny, delicious cakes. Anyway I thought I would share this recipe with you! Enjoy xx.


First, preheat your oven to 350. 

Beat butter and shortening...

until creamy.

I just love this shot!

Gradually at sugar, beat well.

Add eggs one at a time...

beating until blended.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.

Prepare your buttermilk.

Add to butter mixture...

switching with buttermilk...

until fully blended.

Add vanilla bean paste.

It will look like this!

Scoop into 2 (12 cup) baking pans.


Bake for 12-15 minutes.



The final product!

P.S. I forgot to take pictures of the icing being made, so see the recipe below!

{What you need: Cake: 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup shortening, 2 cups sugar, 4 large eggs, 2 3/4 cups of unbleached flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 cup buttermilk, 2 Tbsp. vanilla bean paste (I got mine at William-Sonoma) Icing: 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup whipping cream, 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1 (16oz.) package powdered sugar}

Icing:
Beat first 4 ingredients, 
gradually add powdered sugar, 
until blended and creamy.









No comments:

Post a Comment