looking for something?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Food Diaries: Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille


This past Monday was my amazing mama's birthday. She decided we would eat at the Doc Ford's Captiva for dinner that night. I am not the biggest seafood person, so you will not see seafood a lot in "The Food Diaries." However, Doc Ford's has tons of other options. 
The drive across the Sanibel Causeway 
was too beautiful to not snap a photo.

Doc Ford's was started on Sanibel and it was named after characters in Randy Wayne White's best selling novels. My dad has read them all and loves them {he compared them to Clive Cussler if you like those}. There are multiple locations, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, and the Captiva location is the newest. It is located in Chadwick's Square at the South Seas Resort. 

The inside of the restaurant is not much, there are two bars, multiple TVs and lots of covers of RWW's books. It looks like any normal Fort Myers fish "shack."
 The menu

To start we ordered two appitizers {fish fingers and mild buffalo wings} both of which came out of the kitchen promptly and were very yummy. The wings were the perfect heat intensity for a mild wing. However, the fish fingers were a little overly battered. I like my fried fish to be very light and flaky and their's seemed to way the fish down. 

Next we ordered our entrees, I had a Cuban Sandwich {a recent obsession of mine} and my mama had the Fish Tacos. Both were good. My Cuban Sandwich was light, the bread was crunchy, and the meat was flavorful. My mama liked her Fish Tacos and said that the meat was cooked nicely. 
My mama liked her Fish Tacos and said that the meat was cooked nicely.
 The sunset as we crossed back over to Fort Myers

 Overall Doc Ford's is good, a perfect spot for a dinner after fishing or the beach but it lacks for that "wow" factor. If you are out on the islands this is good food, but it isn't the best.

Pineapples:
out of four


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment